A common question is what to do during the triathlon off-season. Some of you may be base-building to get ready for longer events in the following year, while others may enjoy taking it easy, resting or enjoying other sports.
Off-season triathlon training provides an excellent opportunity to to improve on key areas to dramatically improve your racing performance. The key is to understand what your triathlon off-season training goals are and structure your time to achieve them effectively.
- Improve your weakest event
- Maintaining your run base
- Cycling and swimming technique
- Improve your power to weight ratio
- Strength training a.k.a “injury proofing”
The biggest mistake you can make is not following an Off-Season Training Plan.
Before you know it, the New Year will have started and you will either have over-trained or have fallen behind on your goals.
- 14 Week Training Program.
- Periodize your Off-Season for maximum effect.
- Focus on specific Technique Drills to dramatically improve your time.
- Improve your Power-to-Weight Ratio.
- Avoid excess body fat and putting on unwelcome excess weight during the Off-Season.
“The perfect Off-Season training guide.”